Thursday, January 31, 2008
*Expedited Litigation in Supreme Court – Rule 68 (updated
*How to prepare your civil case tip sheet
*How to behave in civil court tip sheet
*How to take notes during your civil trial tip sheet
*Taking Your Case to the Supreme Court of BC - in Cantonese
The complete list of 17 Guidebooks for Representing Yourself In Supreme Court is also available.
2. Legal Services Society Family Law in BC:
*Getting legal aid if your children are (or may be) taken away
3. BC Courthouse Library Society:
*PLEI Portal Special Project
Monday, January 28, 2008
Thursday, January 17, 2008
* Legal Services Society of BC. Legal Aid Public Service Announcement: Legal Talk (.wmv file)
* Legal Services Society of BC. LawLine Journal: Shoplifting And Scary Notices
* Western Canada Society to Access Justice. Picture Story: Falsely Acused!
Tuesday, January 8, 2008
The following courses in legal information are available for staff who work in public or Aboriginal libraries in BC:
- Free webinars offered through the Public Library Services Branch:
*1 hour webinar on BC Codes (Building, Fire) Jan. 28, Feb. 7
*1.5 hour webinar on Family Law in BC Jan. 23rd, Feb. 20th, Mar. 19th
*2 hour webinar on QP LegalEze Jan. 16, Feb. 13, Mar. 12
You can register here for these webinars.
- Introduction to Legal Information Sources is an online Community Librarian Training Program course, also offered through the Public Library Services Branch. The Jan. - Feb. class is now full, and the course will be offered again in September 2008.
- There will be a series of LawMatters workshops available at a number of libraries and regional systems throughout 2008. Plans are under way for workshops with the Kootenay Library Federation, the North Central Library Federation, the North Coast Library Federation, as well as at the BCLA spring conference.