* The new BC Laws site is now available. It provides free public access to the current laws of BC, as well as a glossary and FAQ's. However, it does not provide a table of legislative changes, and the search function is minimal, compared to the features of QP LegalEze [available from every public and courthouse library in BC]. BC Laws does provide a listing of unofficial current consolidation of BC Statutes and Regulations, and is updated as new and amended laws come into force.
* New editions and resources at People's Law School :
- Learning About the Law: British Columbia’s Laws and Legal System 10th ed.[54pp PDF] December 2008
- Abuse Of People With Disabilities 2nd ed. [8pp PDF] December 2008
- Abuse Of People With Disabilities For Service Providers 2nd ed.[8pp PDF]December 2008
- Animal Protection Law In BC in Chinese [8pp PDF] September 2008
- Animal Protection Law In BC in Punjabi [8pp PDF] September 2008
- Animal Protection Law In BC in Spanish [8pp PDF] September 2008
* Clearing the Path to Justice is a public forum occuring January 28 2009 featuring the Honourable Beverley McLachlin, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Canada. Sponsored by the Law Society of BC, the forum is put on in partnership with the Western Canada Society to Access Justice, the Legal Services Society, SUCCESS and the CBC. Location is the Wosk Centre in Vancouver, and email registration is available through the forum web page above.