Thursday, April 30, 2009
accompanies Aboriginal Parenting After Separation Toolkit for Parents Law Courts Education Society, 2008
* An updated version of Being an Executor is available from People's Law School publications page. Updated April 2009 [12pp PDF]
* Grandparents Raising Grandchildren: A Legal Guide is available from the What's New page of Parent Support Services [200pp PDF] March 2009
* Legal Services Society now has two of their videos available in DVD format:
- Family Matters in Supreme Court: Judicial Case Conferences and Chambers Hearings [19 min.] 2004
- Making Your Case: The Family Court Process [21 min.], 2000
* Your Guide to the Refugee Claim Process Legal Services Society [51pp PDF] 2009
Monday, April 27, 2009
Thank you to everyone who participated in the chat session, and special thanks go to Courthouse Libraries BC staff for their technical assistance.
Thursday, April 16, 2009
* LawMatters will host display tables at both the Victoria and Vancouver Law Days, along with another Courthouse Libraries special project, Clicklaw - our new legal information site going live April 20th.
* Two new reading lists are now available on the LawMatters site: Legal Information Reading List (the recommended list arranged by subject), and Multilingual Legal Information Titles (titles available in 11 languages).
* An 8" x 11" LawMatters poster is also available for download, with the tag line "Questions About the Law? Visit your local public library for information."
Monday, April 6, 2009
*British Columbia Legislation is Now Available on CanLII
CanLII, the Canadian database of legislation now includes BC statutes and regulations and offers all the features of CanLII's new legislation publishing environment:
- full-text and field search
- statute noteup
- section noteup
- links between statutes and regulations
- links between cases and statutes
- RSS feeds for legislative changes
April 3, 2009.
*Changes to LawLine Advice Services
LawLINE advice services have been funded for another year and will continue until at least March 31, 2010. However, as a result of reductions to LawLINE staff, the scope of coverage for LawLINE has been redefined to tailor the service primarily to issues arising from the current economy.
Effective April 6, 2009, LawLINE advice services will be available for fewer areas of law. For a list of the categories that continue to be covered and examples of each category, see the LawLINE page of the LSS website. If you still have any of our old LawLINE promotional materials (poster, bookmark, wallet card, notepad), please discard them. If you have information about LawLINE in any of your publications or on your websites, please ensure that these are updated to reflect the changes to this service.
If you have any questions, comments, or suggestions, please e-mail LSS-Services. April 3, 2009.