- Frequently asked questions about marriages, divorces, and annulments inside and outside Canada
- Do you need any legal documents to be able to leave Canada with your child?
- What to do if the other party does not respond to your application to get a court Order
- Do I need any legal documents to be able to travel outside Canada with my child?
- How can I turn my separation agreement into a court order?
- When can I stop paying child support?
- I was married in another country. Is that marriage valid here?
* Your Guide to the Refugee Claim Process available in English and Spanish, Legal Services Society [58 pp PDF] 2009
* BC Association of Community Response Networks - Stopping Adult Neglect and Abuse Together. World Elder Abuse Awareness Day is June 15th.
* News & Views on Civil Justice Reform, Issue 12, Spring 2009 [26 pp PDF] from the Canadian Forum on Civil Justice Reform contains a series of articles about the evolution of legal services to the public, including this quote:
"There are too many ambulances at the bottom of cliffs, and not enough railings at the top." from the book The End of Lawyers? Rethinking the Nature of Legal Services, by Richard Susskind [Oxford University Press, 2008].
Other articles in the News & Views issue include the role of public legal education and information, legal advice lines, and unbundling legal services.