*A news release was issued by the BC Ministry of Attorney General on July 7, 2009 announcing that new Supreme Court Civil and Family Rules have been adopted by the Province and will be fully implemented on July 1, 2010. Two attached backgrounder papers describe the new court rules, as well as the new Vancouver Justice Access Centre which offers family law services.
* Residential Tenancy Act: A Guide for Landlords & Tenants in British Columbia is available from the Guides page of the BC Residential Tenancy Branch. Available in English, Chinese Traditional, and Punjabi. (60 pp PDF) Updated version: March 2009
* The Tenant Resource & Advisory Centre has a newly updated website with:
- printed materials in 16 languages, and multilingual videos coming soon
- new frequently asked questions
- new Fact Sheets such as Finding Out Who Your Landlord Is [4 pp PDF] 2009, Dealing With a Problem Roommate [3 pp PDF] 2009 and Guide for Tenants in Non Profit Housing [8pp PDF] 2009
- current news such as New 10-Day Eviction Notice! February 09, 2009
* New on Canadian Legal FAQs: Temporary Foreign Workers is a series of fact sheets and question/answer lists that include some services in Alberta, but is written mostly for a national audience. June/July 2009
* Povnet's Online Resources lists Legal Help for Rural British Columbians [50 pp PDF ] July 2008. Prepared by lawyer Cliff Thorstenson through a grant from the Law Foundation, this guide covers common legal topics including family law, criminal law, welfare, and debt. Written for non-legally trained helping professionals, the guide includes legal services and self-help resources.