* People's Law School released an updated version of Writing Your Will , 2nd ed. [8 pp PDF] April 2009
* In the past year, the Canadian Bar Association, BC Branch has published two new Dial-A-Law scripts: Applying for a Temporary Order in a Family Lawsuit , January 2009 and Income Assistance: Reconsideration and Appeals , September 2008. The script Noise, Untidy Premises and Dog Control was updated with more information, to Neighbour Law September 2008.
* BC Civil Liberties Association published Privacy: Why It’s Important and How to Protect it in May 2009. The web resource includes: how to protect yourself from identity theft and from spam, phishing and spyware; when credit reporting agencies can collect and disclose information about you; and when you have to give out your Social Insurance Number.
*Legal Services Society has revised and updated two booklets: What to Do If You Are Charged with a Breach of a Court Order, [13 pp PDF] May 2009 and What to Do If You Are Charged with Assault [12 pp PDF] May 2009 . A useful list of Resources for clients with credit/debt issues was published in the latest issue of their newsletter Elan.
* Shannon Salter's Rights & Remedies blog published When does a step-parent have to pay child support? in April 2009.
* Surrey Public Library's Law, Government & Statistics page provides an extensive list of legal databases and recommended websites. Updated July 14, 2009.