* MOSAIC has launched a newly designed website which includes a client involvement page to empower immigrants and refugees with personal stories and services.
* Criminal Justice Reform Projects: Vancouver's Downtown Community Court web page includes information on the the community court's first year of operation. September 18, 2009
* Employment Law articles by lawyer Robert Yeager from Business in Vancouver magazine
* new publications from Legal Services Society:
- No Contact Orders Explained [2 pp PDF] updated July 2009
- What You Need to Know About Fraud Charges and Social Assistance [1 p PDF] August 2009
- If You Can't Get a Lawyer for Your Criminal Trial [21 pp PDF] May 2009
- new on Legal Services Society's Family Law in BC website:
--What's New in Family Law: Appeals to the Court of Appeal regarding the interjurisdictional abduction of children September 10, 2009
Two frequently asked questions:
--Can Immigration Canada ask me for proof that my past common-law relationship is over before I can sponsor my new husband?
-- Am I married if we live common law long enough?