* Charity Central is designed to help Canada's Registered Charities understand their responsibilities under the Income Tax Act.
* Clicklaw.ca improvements:
- over 200 new resources added to the Solve Problems section
- easier to find resources languages other than English
- over 100 “common questions” on the site, featuring resources that are good starting points for information on common legal problems
- a blog highlighting new resources on the Clicklaw homepage.
- Clicklaw is now on Facebook and Twitter!
* ImmigrantLegal.ca provides free legal information, education and resources to newcomers to Canada and the people working with them. Includes information on employment standards and residential tenancy, as well as a series of videos from training sessions for helpers.
* Support Worker Central includes employment standards resources for B.C. support workers who help people with disabilities.
* Voluntary Sector Knowledge Network includes sections on Starting a Non Profit, Governance and Government Relations.
* Legal aid offices have recently been added to New Westminster and Langley. Updated information is available at Where to find a legal aid office.
* Legislation Made Easy, 3rd Edition, by Gail Nash. Crown Publications, March 2010
* Free copies of Legal Help For British Columbians; A Guide to Help Non-legal Professionals Make Legal Referrals for Clients is available from the People’s Law School; see their online order form.
From Legal Services Society:
* Consumer Law and Credit/Debt Law 3rd Edition [209 pp PDF] October 2009
* Sponsorship Breakdown 3rd edition [42 pp PDF] November 2009
* Surviving Relationship Violence and Abuse [89 pp PDF] February 2010
* Your Welfare Rights: A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance 21st edition [146 pp PDF] February 2010
* Cameras in court? Blogosaurus Lex, Alberta Legal Resource Centre, March 24th, 2010
* Remarrying After a Void Marriage BC Family Law Blog April 5, 2010