* Posts from the Clicklaw Blog:
• Shoplifting and Scary Letters September 28, 2010
• Finding Probate Forms Online September 22, 2010
• New BC Law on Impaired Driving September 20, 2010
* From the BC Coalition of People with Disabilities: CPP Disability Benefits Program Re-opens. Also see CPP Disability Information and Assistance Series of print resources.
* BC Representative for Children and Youth Annual Report April 1, 2009 – March 31, 2010 [64 pp PDF]
* From JP Boyd's BC Family Resource Blog: Court Services Online Drops Criminal Fees Court Services Online has dropped the fee charged to access its full criminal proceedings database.
*New on Legal Services Society's Family Law in BC website:
• Six new translations of a publication: Living Together or Living Apart: Common-law Relationships, Marriage, Separation, and Divorce (in Arabic, Chinese [traditional], Farsi [Persian], French, Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese)
• One new frequently asked question: We've just separated, and we have two children, who live with my husband. How can I figure out how much child support I need to pay him?
• Links to five sample completed Provincial Court forms added to the Sample completed court forms page.
• One new fact sheet: Information for people with family law cases (child support orders) in Kelowna Provincial Court
• One reviewed and updated self-help guide: How to change a family order in Provincial Court if you cannot agree
• One new link to the Ministry of Children and Family Development's Extended Family Program added to the Child protection/removal, Grandparents/Relatives, and Youth links.
• Legislation / court rules links to the acts or regulations concerning family law issues.
Thursday, September 30, 2010
Monday, September 13, 2010
Tracy Dunlop is the Branch Assistant for the Williams Lake Branch of Cariboo Regional Library, and a former student of the Community Library Training Program Legal Information Sources online course. Tracy wrote to LawMatters about a recent the legal information display at her Branch:
"I was very pleased with how well it was received. I ordered a large number of handouts earlier and for the entire month of August had the display. Items went out everyday, and I even did up handouts that had the law contacts on it. Unfortunately most of our handouts are usually kept in an area with other community handouts against a far wall that are not seen much, so it was nice to get them right out near the front door.
I really enjoyed the course you facilitated through BC Libraries and the webinars, and if you are doing it again, you have another member of our staff who will be taking the 8 week course.
I am now in my third year of my library tech (part-time) and have recently become the Branch Assistant for the Williams Lake Branch."
Nice work, Tracy, and thanks to Drew Jackson of Courthouse Libraries BC for taking pictures during his recent holiday in the Cariboo Chilcotin area!