Monday, September 13, 2010

Law Display at the Williams Lake Library




Tracy Dunlop is the Branch Assistant for the Williams Lake Branch of Cariboo Regional Library, and a former student of the Community Library Training Program Legal Information Sources online course. Tracy wrote to LawMatters about a recent the legal information display at her Branch:


"I was very pleased with how well it was received. I ordered a large number of handouts earlier and for the entire month of August had the display. Items went out everyday, and I even did up handouts that had the law contacts on it. Unfortunately most of our handouts are usually kept in an area with other community handouts against a far wall that are not seen much, so it was nice to get them right out near the front door.

I really enjoyed the course you facilitated through BC Libraries and the webinars, and if you are doing it again, you have another member of our staff who will be taking the 8 week course.

I am now in my third year of my library tech (part-time) and have recently become the Branch Assistant for the Williams Lake Branch."

Nice work, Tracy, and thanks to Drew Jackson of Courthouse Libraries BC for taking pictures during his recent holiday in the Cariboo Chilcotin area!

No comments: