* Posts from the Clicklaw Blog:
• Shoplifting and Scary Letters September 28, 2010
• Finding Probate Forms Online September 22, 2010
• New BC Law on Impaired Driving September 20, 2010
* From the BC Coalition of People with Disabilities: CPP Disability Benefits Program Re-opens. Also see CPP Disability Information and Assistance Series of print resources.
* BC Representative for Children and Youth Annual Report April 1, 2009 – March 31, 2010 [64 pp PDF]
* From JP Boyd's BC Family Resource Blog: Court Services Online Drops Criminal Fees Court Services Online has dropped the fee charged to access its full criminal proceedings database.
*New on Legal Services Society's Family Law in BC website:
• Six new translations of a publication: Living Together or Living Apart: Common-law Relationships, Marriage, Separation, and Divorce (in Arabic, Chinese [traditional], Farsi [Persian], French, Korean, Spanish, and Vietnamese)
• One new frequently asked question: We've just separated, and we have two children, who live with my husband. How can I figure out how much child support I need to pay him?
• Links to five sample completed Provincial Court forms added to the Sample completed court forms page.
• One new fact sheet: Information for people with family law cases (child support orders) in Kelowna Provincial Court
• One reviewed and updated self-help guide: How to change a family order in Provincial Court if you cannot agree
• One new link to the Ministry of Children and Family Development's Extended Family Program added to the Child protection/removal, Grandparents/Relatives, and Youth links.
• Legislation / court rules links to the acts or regulations concerning family law issues.