* Court Mediation Program – Small Claims web page, Mediate BC Society, 2011
* Debt and Consumer Law Video MOSAICBC [approx. 9 min.] July 2011. Available in Vietnamese, Spanish, Punjabi, Korean, Chinese Traditional and Simplified, Arabic and English . This video provides information on five Debt and Consumer Law issues including:
- Bogus Schools and Diplomas
- Credit Card Debt
- Sponsorship Debt
- Travel Loan Debt for Convention Refugees
- Unethical Immigration Consultants
* Divorce & Your Credit Consolidated Credit Counseling Services of Canada [9 pp PDF] n.d. See other titles at the Debt Learning Centre
* Government of BC
- has a new home page, with a browsing feature for services, forms and ministries, and a new service finder map for government services. Caution: this site appears to be a work in progress, so some features may lack in-depth information.
- The Ministry of Social Development (formerly the Ministry of Housing and Social Development) has a new online manual of policy, procedures and program information about eligibility for ministry employment and assistance programs. Regularly updated.
* Differences between Representation Agreements and Adult Guardianship video, [13 min.] Nidus Personal Planning Resource Centre and Registry, 2010
* House Party Justice for Children and Youth Ontario [PDF 10pp] Spring 2011. Written for teens, this title gives a number of scenarios and related information about federal, and some Ontario law.
* Minimum Wage Fact Sheet web page, BC Ministry of Labour Employment Standards Branch, April 2011. Reflects recent legislative changes such as elimination of training wage and the increase in minimum wage rate. Available in Chinese (Traditional), French, Punjabi, Spanish and Tagalog and English.
* Oaths web page, Courthouse Libraries BC, revised June 2011
* Sands, Earl Personal Insolvency Guide BankruptcyCanada.com [87 pp free ebook or PDF] May 2011
* Your Rights and Responsibilities as a Financial Consumer web page, Financial Consumer Agency of Canada, 2011
* New or updated from Legal Services Society:
- If Your Sponsor Abuses You factsheet [2 pp PDF] 2011
- Family duty counsel: How can they help? Elan newsletter article April 5, 2011
- Men Abused by their Partners factsheet [2 pp PDF] 2011
- Updates to Can't Pay Your Mortgage? What You Can Do If You're Facing Foreclosure [4 pp PDF] March 2011
- Updates to Your Welfare Rights: A Guide to BC Employment and Assistance [14 pp PDF] November 2010
* Aboriginal Law from Legal Services Society:
- Aboriginal Harvesting Rights: If You've Been Charged with a Harvesting Offence Criminal Factsheet Series [2 pp PDF] 2011
- Gladue Primer [152 pp PDF] Legal Services Society 2011
- A Guide to the Indian Residential Schools Settlement [28 pp PDF] 2011
- Legal Services Society launched a new Aboriginal section on their website, dedicated to issues that are important to Aboriginal people. June 13, 2011
* New Service:
The Distance Mediation Family Project is for people undergoing separation or divorce and are hoping to resolve differences without going to court, but distance or conflict make it hard to talk in person. People can use the tools such as videoconferencing, phone or email with the assistance of trained mediators.