Monday, November 30, 2015

Announcing: LawMatters Program Coordinator Retirement and New Program Coodinator!


As of January 1, 2016, Shannon McLeod will be the new LawMatters Program Coordinator. Shannon is currently 'learning the ropes' from the current Coordinator, Janet Freeman.
               


 Janet says goodbye:
"I have had the privilege of developing the LawMatters Program over the last eight years and meeting a great number of wonderful public librarians in the course of my work. I couldn't have done it without the support of my mentors Nancy Hannum, LawMatters Consultant and Johanne Blenkin, CEO of Courthouse Libraries BC. Special mention also goes to Drew Jackson, former Director of Client Services, Courthouse Libraries BC, and also all the staff at Libraries and Literacy who have been such an important support for our training programs. I have enjoyed working with you all, and know that I leave LawMatters in excellent hands!"
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                - Janet Freeman





And Shannon says hello:
"I want to wish Janet congratulations on her retirement! It has been a pleasure working with her and learning from her experiences. Certainly big shoes to fill! 
I am excited to be the new coordinator for LawMatters, a wonderful program that provides training in legal reference and helps BC public libraries add legal titles to their collections. Public libraries are an amazing source of information: collections, knowledgeable staff, programming and more all make libraries an integral part of their communities. Empowering librarians to work with legal materials and legal reference are my priorities. I am so pleased to be able to combine my passions and experiences in this role.  
A little about me: I started my library journey shelving books at my local library and I've been hooked ever since! After graduating with my MLIS from UBC, I have worked in both public and special library settings. I joined Courthouse Libraries BC as a Client Services librarian and my interest in legal reference and legal materials grew quickly. It wasn’t long before I took on the responsibility of print collection development at CLBC’s Vancouver location.  I understand the importance of finding reliable materials and having support in order to get your patrons started with their legal research.
I am happy to answer any questions or just say hello!
Read any good books lately? I am currently reading Pot Luck/Pot-Boille by Emile Zola.
I look forward to working with you in the future!"
                                                                                                            - Shannon McLeod

Shannon will be the new editor of the LawMatters Blog; and you can reach her at smcleod@courthouselibrary.ca

No comments: