Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Courthouse Library Tour & BC Library Conference 2017

Tour of Courthouse Libraries BC - Vancouver


Last week I had the pleasure of touring a group of BC Library Conference attendees through the Vancouver location of Courthouse Libraries BC (CLBC)!
I was joined by CLBC’s Client Services Librarian Megan Smiley (you may remember her from our webinar in March) and our Clicklaw Coordinator Audrey Jun! We covered our services, staffing, collections, and our outreach and digital initiatives - We really made the most of our time! Everyone had great questions and made the tour a lot of fun.

If you missed the tour but have questions about CLBC and what we do – send me an email!

BC Library Conference


Last year I presented at the Library Conference - this year many of you found me at my exhibitor's table. I had information on Clicklaw, Clicklaw Wikibooks and a new brochure for the LawMatters program.

Thank you everyone who dropped by and said hello; I really appreciated your feedback on the LawMatters program. While we mostly communicate online by email, having the opportunity to meet many of you face-to-face was a treat! I love hearing about your libraries, communities, and, of course, your experiences with legal information!


Speaking of legal information, there was a lot of fantastic PLEI (public legal education & information) represented at the conference this year – I shared my table with online information pathway MyLawBC and wasn’t far from the Legal Services Society's publications table. People's Law School also had their publications on display. If you saw anything that caught your eye, all these publications are free to order on Crown Publications!


I hope to see you all again next year!

No comments: